TWTT Chapter 7.2 Jesus Religion and You: the Religious Right Part 2
Read the following Scripture. Matthew 15:1-20; Mark 7:1-23; Luke 11: 37-41
- In Matthew 15, Jesus turned the accusations of the Pharisees around. He exposed their hearts. In v. 18-19, what were the sins of the Pharisees that they overlooked in order to point the finger at Jesus
- In Mark 7: 1-23, what prophecy of Isaiah did Jesus say applied to the Pharisees?
- Why was this true?
- What was Jesus’ explanation of what real “sin” was?
- Why was the Pharisees’ practice of washing the world off their hands sinful to God?
- What did their practice reveal about their hearts?
- Why was this wrong?
- In Luke 11:37-41, Jesus tells the Pharisees what was wrong with their philosophy. What did He say?
- What does He tell them?
- Who are the Pharisees in our life? Is it you?
See ya next time!