The Transfiguration: Glimpses of a Parallel Universe
Read theses Scriptures: Matt 17:1-13; Mark 9:2-13; Luke 9: 28-36
Looking at the Matthew Passage:
1. What do you think you would do if you saw this scene?
2. What did Peter mean when he said “it is good that we are here”?
3. Why was that typical of Peter?
4. What was Peter’s agenda? Why was it like ours?
5. What did God do to change Peter’s agenda?
6. How was God’s agenda better?
7. Why did Jesus tell them to “tell no one until the Son of Man is raised from the dead”?
8. What was the peoples’ agenda for Elijah?
9. What was God’s agenda ?
10. Why do you think no one recognized John the Baptist as the Elijah they awaited?
11. How would you have reacted to this situation?
See ya next time