Read Galatians 5:13-26
1. Read verses 13-15. what is our freedom for?
2. What is it not for?
3. How is the passage often misinterpreted?
4. What does man often use his freedom for?
5. Read verses 16-18. Discuss how people distort God’s gift of freedom, and how that must look to God.
6. Read verses19-21. List the ungodly examples in this passage of the ways people pervert their freedom. With each, list an example of that behavior.
7. What do these practices do to the person that practices them?
8. Will these people inherit God’s Kingdom? Why, or why not?
9. Read verses 22-26. What is the Fruit of the Spirit?
10. What does it mean to walk by the Spirit?
11. Is it man’s fruit or God’s?
12. List each ‘fruit’. Match it with its opposite from Question #6.
13. Why do you think God wants us to get rid of our pride?
14. Why is living by the Spirit better than living in the flesh?
Thank you for being here today. If you would like to use this on your website or blog, you may, as long as you include the following:
Rev. Dr. Cheryl A. Durham, Biblical Counselor, Discipleship coach, online and via teleconference. www.abovenbeyonddiscipleship.com