Equipped for Faith
1. In James 1:5-11, why would God want to give us wisdom?
2. What is the difference between a man who trusts and a man who doubts?
3. What are some reasons why a person would doubt God?
4. In this case, doubt is used as unbelief, but there are types of doubt that are not. Discuss the types of doubt and which ones James is referring to here.
5. What are some solutions to doubt? How do you fix it?
6. What is the difference between and double minded man, and a new Christian?
7. In verses 9-11, Discuss the difference in the types of Boasting man can do.
8. What is good boasting? What is bad boasting?
9. Read Hebrews 11, Discuss the faith of the persons in the chapter. Why did they have faith?
10. Read 2Peter 1:3-9, what has God equipped you to do?
11. What do you have to apply to your character to be a mature disciple?
12. What are some ways that you can encourage each other to grow in these ways?
You are free to use this study on your website or blog as long as you include the following:
Rev Dr. Cheryl A Durham, Biblical Counselor, Discipleship Coach, Above and Beyond Discipleship Ministries, a Living Truth Ministry, provides services for individuals and groups online and via teleconference. www.abovenbeyonddiscipleship.com